Sign-up for PYP today
We are always looking to recruit new members!
As a member the savings you receive in discounted event tickets and PYPerks around town.
About Pierre Young Professionals
To serve as a gateway connecting young professionals in the community and to empower the Pierre area’s future business and civic leaders.
To cultivate relationships between peers and fellow business leaders through professional development opportunities to equip young professionals with confidence, encouragement and education, establishing pride of community through a broad range of community service projects, and networking with peers though common interest social events to create personal relations.
Community: Serving the Pierre area through community development projects designed to create a sense of
pride and ownership for those members living and working in the community.
Professionalism: Providing Pierre area young adults with development opportunities that will cultivate the
skills necessary to grow as young professionals.
Inter-personalism: Organizing social interactions between individuals aimed at developing relationships
that will help young professionals feel welcome within the community and among their peers.
What we do?
We participate in many local events such as the community wide clean up, Relay for Life, Chamber Business After Hours and Oahe Days.
We host monthly events targeted to our members and the entire Pierre/Fort Pierre area.
Why Join PYP?
- Social activates to promote personal networking as well as professional networking.
- Community Service opportunities.
- Professional development workshops.
- Check out the Membership page for other member benefits
Who are we?
Pierre Young Professionals is made up of a Board of Directors.
2019 Board of Directors
- President: Kalin Miller
- Vice President: Bryce Kampa
- Secretary: Terra Fisher
- Community Involvement Co-Chairs: Ross Scott and Jennifer Walz
- Professional Development Co-Chairs: Kelsey Smith and Lorena Reichert
- Social Networking Co-Chairs: Chelsey Cox and Brandon Carda
- Social Media Coordinator: Ashley Schlichenmeyer-Okroi
We are made up of three committees: Community Involvement, Social Networking (Events), and Professional Development.
If you have any interest in joining a committee or filling an open position, please contact us today.